Are you an experienced food buyer looking to make a change – Semper has a talented team of sales reps waiting on new products and opportunities to be thrown their way.
Let Semper show you the way with our industry leading management team
Got the right ingredients to be Semper Food’s Support Buyer? Then this is a great opportunity for career development with an innovative company in the creative and fun food world.
At Semper Foods, we’re proud of our fun, collaborative, and progressive culture, and we’re always looking for ways to innovate corporate life to be more eclectic and efficient for our team members. Who ever said corporate life couldn’t be fun?
Why do we all do what we do here? To give food a home!
If this position sounds appetizing to you, read on!
- Assist with issuing purchase orders, follow up on unconfirmed orders, and manage order status within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to ensure proper communication of delays, order status, damages, and fees.
- Support Operations Team on item and vendor set-up, responsible for obtaining the necessary information for setup.
- Request samples, spec sheets, invoices, credits, certifications, and proper documentation from vendors, and coordinate with the Operations Team.
- Communicate to Sales, any shorts, delays, price differences, availability, and lead time.
- Assist with and lead special projects
- Support the Procurement department in generating new vendor suspects
- Stay up to date on industry trends, coordinating and communicating with sales team
- Maintain daily communication with the core team
- Support other needs of the Procurement team as directed by the VP of procurement
- Looking to have you join our team as soon as you are available!
As with every position here at Semper Foods, there are almost always opportunities to grow into a more involved or even different role over time depending upon the skill set of the individual.
Semper Foods is a niche frozen food distributor and co-packer that specializes in commodity and further processed, value added protein solutions to a vast array of end users all over the world.
We have distribution capabilities to every state in the lower 48 based on a one pallet minimum as well as a number of strategically placed warehouses and freight forwarders to service our various international customer destinations.
- Health, Dental, and Vision CoverageFull cost of health, dental and vision paid for by the company.
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account. (FSA & DCRA)Pay for health-related and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- 401KManaged 401K with company matching up to 4%
- Paid Time OffCompetitive paid time off plans that include days off for parental leave, volunteering, mental health, vacation, and moving.
- Free Company SwagT-shirts, hoodies, polos, backpacks, pens, cozies, and more. We only purchase the best apparel for our company swag so employees WANT to wear it. Think Lululemon, Nike, etc.
- Team Building EventsCharity drives, cycling, kayaking, golfing, fishing, cookouts, and more.