Semper Foods is seeking a motivated candidate looking to learn the ropes and help support our logistics department.
The Supply Chain Specialist will support the Sales and Procurement teams in addition to Supply Chain Manager. This position will include checking inventory, coordinating and monitoring the movement of product from shipper to consignee, and making sure delivery and sales goals are met. Staying on top of all orders and coordinating with other departments are essential qualities to possess in this position.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Supply chain management on opportunities to optimize transportation and distribution
- Responsible for collaborating and supporting the Semper Sales Team on all domestic orders and effectively communicating updates, transit ETA’s, and product availability
- Responsible for tracking and tracing daily orders, Semper Ships, Vendor Deliveries, and Customer picks ups, as well as keeping track of Inventory on accumulating orders
- Request pricing on freight lanes to ensure cost/revenue alignment, negotiating best pricing options based on market and transit times
- Coordinate communication of execution plans and changes across multiple internal and external teams i.e procurement, sales teams
- Ensure data accuracy between client’s price list and order inventory, distribution partners and internal planning and operations teams through salesforce
- Build and maintain Internal and Client Relationships, Consistently communicate and demonstrate the value of our partnership with the client, and suppliers
- Minimum: * Bachelor’s of Science degree in Business, Supply Chain / Logistics or equivalent business experience.
- 1-3 years experience in Transportation, Warehousing, and Inventory Management is preferred
- Experience developing and/or utilizing logistics-related modeling tools
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
- Data-driven, fact-based, detail-oriented approach to analysis and problem solving
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to work independently within a team environment
- Flexible days and times, Monday-Friday
Semper Foods invests in the lives of its employees, no matter whether they are full-time or part-time. For the right candidate, this could grow into a full-time salaried position.
Semper Foods is a niche frozen food distributor and co-packer that specializes in commodity and further processed, value added protein solutions to a vast array of end users all over the world.
We have distribution capabilities to every state in the lower 48 based on a one pallet minimum as well as a number of strategically placed warehouses and freight forwarders to service our various international customer destinations.
- Health, Dental, and Vision CoverageFull cost of health, dental and vision paid for by the company.
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account. (FSA & DCRA)Pay for health-related and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- 401KManaged 401K with company matching up to 4%
- Paid Time OffCompetitive paid time off plans that include days off for parental leave, volunteering, mental health, vacation, and moving.
- Free Company SwagT-shirts, hoodies, polos, backpacks, pens, cozies, and more. We only purchase the best apparel for our company swag so employees WANT to wear it. Think Lululemon, Nike, etc.
- Team Building EventsCharity drives, cycling, kayaking, golfing, fishing, cookouts, and more.